You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Join the AVMA
Renew Your Membership
My AVMA Leaders
Future Leaders Program
Member Community & Networking
News & Publications
Veterinary Salary Calculator
Training & Service Opportunities
Excellence in Veterinary Medicine Awards
Economics & Practice
Economics & Finance
State & Local Issues
Meetings & Events
AVMA Annual Convention
Veterinary Leadership Conference
Future AVMA Meeting Dates
Meetings & CE Calendar
Pet Health Awareness Events
Who We Are
Student AVMA (SAVMA)
AVMA Store (Products)
Search the Knowledge Base
Browse AVMA Policies
Browse by Animal/Species
Browse by Topic
Browse by Discipline
VMA Resource Center
Tools for K-12 Educators
You are here:
Educational Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates
Policies & Procedures
ABVS - Meetings
1. The ABVS holds one meeting per year in late winter or spring at which the representative or designated alternate from each AVMA-recognized veterinary specialty organization is in attendance.
2. An alternate or an officer of a recognized veterinary specialty organization (RVSO) may also attend the annual meeting as a guest, but not at the expense of the AVMA (i.e., the AVMA pays a portion of the expenses for only one representative from each RVSO). As per AVMA policy, attendance of guests (including RVSO alternates and RVSO officers) is subject to the approval of the ABVS chair.
3. The ABVS annual meeting is open to any interested AVMA member subject to approval of the ABVS chair.
4. Executive sessions during the ABVS annual meeting may be called by the chair at his/her discretion. During executive session, all guests will be excused from the meeting.
5. Unless otherwise approved in advance by the AVMA Executive Board or Board of Governors, the annual meeting will be held at AVMA headquarters.
6. The agenda for the annual meeting will be developed by the ABVS chair and the ABVS EC in consultation with AVMA staff. Matters pertaining to recognition of veterinary specialty organizations, in-depth reviews, approval of annual reports, and other matters requiring approval of the AVMA EB may only be acted upon at the annual meeting or teleconference/web conference in which a majority of the ABVS members are present.
B. The ABVS EC may meet at the request of the chair, once per year between annual meetings.
C. The ABVS Committee on the Development of New Specialties may meet once per year in conjunction with the EC.
Strategic thinkers needed for new AVMA advisory panels
For President Cohn, trust is paramount
Association advocates ‘one health’ to White House
Members sought as volunteers for advisory panels
Proposed House of Delegates bylaws amendments and resolutions for July 2015
2015-2016 Student AVMA Delegates
Committee Positions Available: July 2015
Most Viewed Pages
Canine Influenza FAQs
Veterinary Career Center
Pet Food & Product Recalls/Alerts
Veterinarians and Mental Health
AVMA Judicial Council to Review Complaints
Canine Influenza FAQ
Canine Influenza: Pet Owner's Guide
Pets in Cars
Veterinarians and Mental Health
American Veterinary Medical Association
OTHER AVMA SITES
Aardvarks to Zebras
Externs on the Hill
WebMD® Pet Health Community
Keep Our Food Safe
National Pet Week
Animal Health SmartBrief
American Veterinary Medical Association |