You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
How to Join
Renew Your Membership
My AVMA Leaders
Future Leaders Program
Member Community & Networking
News & Publications
Issues in the News
Veterinary Salary Calculator
Training & Service Opportunities
Excellence in Veterinary Medicine Awards
Economics & Practice
Economics & Finance
Administration & Facilities
State & Local Issues
AVMA Congressional Advocacy Network
Meetings & Events
AVMA Annual Convention
Veterinary Leadership Conference
Future AVMA Meeting Dates
Meetings & CE Calendar
Pet Health Awareness Events
Who We Are
Student AVMA (SAVMA)
AVMA Store (Products)
Search the Knowledge Base
Browse AVMA Policies
Browse by Animal/Species
Browse by Topic
Browse by Discipline
VMA Resource Center
Tools for K-12 Educators
You are here:
Educational Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates
Policies & Procedures
Annual Report Form - RVSO (.rtf)
Annual Report Form - RVS (.rtf)
ABVS - Meetings
1. The ABVS holds one meeting per year in late winter or spring at which the representative or designated alternate from each AVMA-recognized veterinary specialty organization is in attendance.
2. An alternate or an officer of a recognized veterinary specialty organization (RVSO) may also attend the annual meeting as a guest, but not at the expense of the AVMA (i.e., the AVMA pays a portion of the expenses for only one representative from each RVSO). As per AVMA policy, attendance of guests (including RVSO alternates and RVSO officers) is subject to the approval of the ABVS chair.
3. The ABVS annual meeting is open to any interested AVMA member subject to approval of the ABVS chair.
4. Executive sessions during the ABVS annual meeting may be called by the chair at his/her discretion. During executive session, all guests will be excused from the meeting.
5. Unless otherwise approved in advance by the AVMA Executive Board or Board of Governors, the annual meeting will be held at AVMA headquarters.
6. The agenda for the annual meeting will be developed by the ABVS chair and the ABVS EC in consultation with AVMA staff. Matters pertaining to recognition of veterinary specialty organizations, in-depth reviews, approval of annual reports, and other matters requiring approval of the AVMA EB may only be acted upon at the annual meeting or teleconference/web conference in which a majority of the ABVS members are present.
B. The ABVS EC may meet at the request of the chair, once per year between annual meetings.
C. The ABVS Committee on the Development of New Specialties may meet once per year in conjunction with the EC.
Student AVMA weighs in on PAVE, accreditation
AAVSB issues receive attention in Boston
Amendments keep AVMA framework dynamic
Sixteen council members to be seated
Only one AVMA Award to be given annually, HOD says
Delegates approve dues increase and redistricting plan
Delegates vote against restructuring council
Most Viewed Pages
Accredited Veterinary Technology Programs
Cold weather pet safety
Veterinary Career Center
Pet Food & Product Recalls/Alerts
Cold weather pet safety
Proposal would cease accreditation of foreign schools
Canine circocvirus FAQs
2013 Aquatic Veterinary Student & New Graduate Scholarship Program
Update on media rumors regarding Trifexis
OTHER AVMA SITES
Aardvarks to Zebras
Externs on the Hill
WebMD® Pet Health Community
Keep Our Food Safe
National Pet Week
Animal Health SmartBrief
American Veterinary Medical Association