| Your assistance is needed to ensure timely publication of death notices. At your earliest convenience, please report the death of a colleague or relative to the AVMA News Staff via a toll-free phone call at (800) 248-2862, ext 232; e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; or fax at (847) 925-9239.|
AVMA honor roll member
||Roger C. Hill |
Dr. Hill (ILL '62), 63, Sterling, Ill., died June 16, 2001. He was a physician in internal medicine at the Family Health Center in Sterling, having received his medical degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine in 1967. Memorials may be made to Rails-to-Trails Conservancy, 1100 17th. St. N.W., 10th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20036; or Polar Bears Alive, P.O. Box 66142, Baton Rouge, LA 70896.
||Stanley H. Hull |
Dr. Hull (COR '53), 79, Grace, Idaho, died April 22, 2001. He had a mixed practice in Grace. Early in his career, Dr. Hull practiced in Weiser, Idaho.
A World War II veteran, Dr. Hull served in the Army Air Corps, where he piloted various aircraft in the Air Transport Command.
||Irving Ingram |
Dr. Ingram (MSU '39), 86, Torrance, Calif., died May 12, 2001. Before retiring in 1980, he practiced in Detroit and El Cajo, Calif. Dr. Ingram was a World War II veteran, serving in the Army Veterinary Corps. He is survived by three sons.
||Fred D. Maurer |
Dr. Maurer (WSU '37), 92, Austin, Texas, died June 5, 2001. Dr. Maurer was professor emeritus at Texas A&M University, where he was associate dean and distinguished professor of pathology at the College of Veterinary Medicine from 1964-1977. From 1941-1964 Dr. Maurer worked for the Army Veterinary Corps as a researcher and administrator, attaining the rank of colonel.
From 1946-1951 he was chief of the virology branch at Walter Reed Army Institute of Research. Dr. Maurer also served as a consultant to the Morris Animal Foundation and was on the National Academy of Sciences Committee for Animal Health He was a diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Pathologists.
He received the Legion of Merit and two commendation medals for research achievements from the Army Surgeon General. Dr. Maurer was also the recipient of the 12th International Veterinary Congress Prize in 1964; the 1961 Alumnus-of-the-Year, 1974 Distinguished Alumnus, and 1988 Alumni Achievement awards from Washington State University; and the 1988 Alumni Hall of Fame from the University of Idaho.
He is survived by a daughter and a son. Memorials may be made to Hospice VistaCare Foundation, 8701 Shoal Creek Blvd., Ste. 104, Austin, TX 78757; or Alzheimer's Association, P.O. Box 4829, Austin, TX 78765.
||Carl M. Oldham |
Dr. Oldham (OSU '37), 89, Dayton, Ohio, died June 23, 2001. He owned a small animal practice in Dayton from 1943-1991. Survivors include his wife, Mary, and two sons. One son, Dr. Larry N. Oldham (OSU '64), now runs the practice in Dayton.
||Dale R. Stephenson |
Dr. Stephenson (MSU '39), 86, Rockford, Ill., died June 26, 2001. Retired, he owned the Airport Pet Lodge in Rockford, a business he established in 1966. Following graduation, Dr. Stephenson worked at the Parke Davis Biological Farm in Rochester, Mich. During World War II, he was inducted into the Army and stationed in Battle Creek, Mich., and Rockford, where he inspected dairy farms and cattle. He went on to build the Stephenson Veterinary Hospital, the first veterinary hospital in Rockford.
Dr. Stephenson was a member of the Illinois State VMA. In 1989, the Greater Rockford VMA honored him for 50 years of service to animals and the Rockford community. Dr. Stephenson is survived by a son and daughter. Memorials may be made to New Milford United Methodist Church, 7102 Cindy Drive, New Milford, IL 61109
||Edward H. Von Glan |
Dr. Von Glan (ISU '38), 87, Scottsdale, Ariz., died May 21, 2001. Before retiring in 1966, he practiced in Hawarden, Iowa, for 22 years. Dr. Von Glan was a veteran of World War II and Pearl Harbor, serving in the Army Veterinary Corps. He is survived by his wife, Jeanette, and two daughters. Memorials may be made to Shrine Children's Hospital, Transportation Endowment Fund, c/o Elzaribah Shrine Center, 552 N. 40th. St., Phoenix, AZ 85008.