AVMA offers brochure on zoonotic diseases
Posted Feb. 12, 2014
The AVMA has produced a brochure on “Preventing Zoonotic Diseases” to educate the public about diseases that are transmissible between animals and humans.
The brochure addresses the following questions:
- What are zoonotic diseases?
- How are zoonotic diseases spread?
- What zoonotic diseases can I get from pets and other domestic animals?
- Are certain people at higher risk of being infected with zoonotic diseases?
- How can I reduce the risk of zoonotic infections for myself and my family?
English and Spanish versions of the brochure
are available from the AVMA Store by clicking on “Brochures” and then on “Client Information.”