Posted Jan. 18, 2011
The Kroger Co. issued a Dec. 18 recall of certain pet foods on sale at some of its grocery stores because the products may contain aflatoxin.
The recall includes Kroger stores in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.
The recall also includes Dillons and Gerbes stores in Kansas and Missouri; Baker's stores in Nebraska; Food 4 Less stores in Illinois, Indiana, and Nebraska; and Jay C, Hilander, Owen's, Pay Less, and Scott's stores in Illinois and Indiana.
Kroger is recalling the following items with sell-by dates of OCT 23 11 DP or OCT 24 11 DP:
- Pet Pride Cat Food—3.5-pound packages, bar code 1111088128; 18-pound packages, bar code 1111071357
- Pet Pride Tasty Blend Poultry & Seafood Cat Food—3.5-pound packages, bar code 1111088152; 18-pound packages, bar code 1111074580
- Pet Pride Kitten Formula Food—3.5-pound packages, bar code 1111071903
- Old Yeller Chunk Dog Food—22-pound packages, bar code 1111074566; 50-pound packages, bar code 1111074563
- Kroger Value Cat Food—3.5-pound packages, bar code 1111000018
- Kroger Value Chunk Dog Food—15-pound packages, bar code 1111071559; 50-pound packages, bar code 1111000108
Additional information is available at www.kroger.com/recalls. Customers who have questions can call (800) 632-6900.