AVMA strategic goals set
|Posted Jun. 15, 2007|
To help the Executive Board and AVMA councils, committees, and task forces focus future efforts on more strategically relevant initiatives, the board has approved five strategic planning goals as the highest priorities for the 2007-2008 Association year. These goals will be communicated throughout the Association's leadership.
- AVMA, through its members and leaders, is committed to be a leading force and advocate on veterinary-related issues in local, state, federal, and international legislation and regulation.
- Critical shortages in veterinary workforce, infrastructure, and resources are identified and solutions developed in collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure that national veterinary needs, including those with global implications, are met.
- The AVMA Council on Education accreditation process is the premier standard for veterinary medical education globally.
- The veterinary profession's economic viability and sustainability is evaluated and strengthened within all segments.
- AVMA is a leading advocate for, and an authoritative, science-based resource on animal welfare.
2016 American Veterinary Medical Association