Under certain circumstances, AVMA members may qualify for a dues reduction or a waiver of dues. To apply, select and print a copy of the appropriate form below. When you have completed the form, mail the application along with any other required information to:
American Veterinary Medical AssociationAttention: Membership Division1931 North Meacham Road, Suite 100Schaumburg, IL 60173-4360
You must meet the requirements under any one of the three categories below to qualify for a reduced dues status:
1. Educational Program: AVMA members in good standing who are pursuing a full-time program of graduate study, postgraduate study, internship, or residency at an accredited college or university; or pursuing an internship listed by an allied organization in the House of Delegates; or in a residency approved by an AVMA-recognized veterinary specialty board or college. Reduction of dues under this provision shall be limited to a total of no more than seven years for any individual.
2. Family Obligations: AVMA members in good standing who are temporarily leaving the practice of veterinary medicine due to family obligations, and who do not qualify for any other AVMA dues waiver or reduced dues option, may apply for a waiver of 50% of the regular member dues amount. This option is available to members who are not engaged in regular employment within the profession of veterinary medicine (defined as working more than 20 hours each month). Reduction of dues under this provision shall be limited to a total of no more than five years for any individual.
3. Retired: AVMA members in good standing who have retired (defined as having ceased all regular employment) and have a) completed a total of 35 years of membership, or b) is 65 years of age with continuous membership since graduation.
Members with a reduced dues status will retain all the rights and privileges of their full AVMA membership and will continue to accumulate years of membership toward Honor Roll Status.
You must meet the requirements under any one of the two categories below to qualify for a reduced dues status:
1. Physical Disability or Illness: AVMA members in good standing for whom payment of dues would be a financial hardship by reason of physical disability or illness.
2. Extenuating Circumstances: AVMA members in good standing whose extenuating circumstances have created a financial hardship.
2016 American Veterinary Medical Association