Annual AVMA Economic Summit
October 21, 2015
The Westin O'Hare, Chicago
Understanding the veterinary economic markets can help you and others you work with operate your business efficiently, effectively and profitably. An informed professional who understands how market forces affect their business ultimately helps these markets operate at peak efficiency, which in turn provides a greater net benefit to the entire profession.
At the AVMA Economic Summit attendees will explore three separate but related markets:
- the market for veterinary education (veterinary students).
- the market for veterinarians (employment of veterinarians among various types of employers).
- the market for veterinary services (demand for services by animal owners).
Should You Attend?
Yes, if you are...
- A business leader who'd like the latest data on compensation, employment/unemployment, supply and demand for veterinarians, and price and income elasticities for veterinary services.
- A practice owner who is interested in learning how veterinary markets influence everyday business decisions and intelligence.
- How the number of veterinary technicians and their workload affects the market for veterinarians
- Why practice consolidation is on the rise
- What you need to know about veterinary graduates' perceptions of their work-readiness and competencies
- Key factors that affect veterinary compensation
- Key factors that affect physical and human resource capacity utilization in veterinary practices
- Someone who wants a greater understanding of the markets for veterinary education, veterinarians, and veterinary services.
If this is you...then you should be there. Join us to explore how the markets affect you, how you affect the markets, and how you can use that information.
2014 Schedule and Agenda