Every veterinarian possesses the skills needed to make a difference – from recent veterinary school graduates to veterinarians with years of experience. The Fellowship is an unparalleled opportunity to shape public policy while enhancing your knowledge of the political process.
- be a U.S. citizen.
- 4th year veterinary students are eligible if they graduate prior to the August start date.
- have an interest in public policy and/or politics, and in applying scientific knowledge to address societal and public policy issues.
- possess strong persuasive writing skills, and be able to identify and articulate core scientific issues to a variety of audiences.
- possess interpersonal skills.
- want to network with leaders in the nation's political hub and stakeholder groups.
*If you are selected as an AVMA Fellow you will be required to resign from any AVMA or constituent organization legislative bodies, councils, committees, task forces, or any AVMA or constituent offices.