The application cycle for the 2017-2018 AVMA Fellowship Program is now closed. Applications for the 2018-2019 program will be available online in the fall of 2017 and will be due on Feb. 9, 2018.
From recent veterinary school graduates to veterinarians with years of experience, every veterinarian possesses the skills needed to make a difference. The AVMA Fellowship Program is an unparalleled opportunity to shape public policy while enhancing your knowledge of the political process.
The 2018-2019 AVMA Fellowship Program, in conjunction with the American Association for the Advancement of Science Fellowship Program, will run from the last week in August 2018 until August 2019.
- serve for one year in Washington D.C. as scientific advisors to members of Congress.
- play pivotal roles in shaping and influencing key legislation affecting the veterinary profession, and the health and safety of our nation.
- receive a stipend of approximately $86,000 to offset the cost of living and reimbursement for certain expenses incurred during the Fellowship.
- receive up to $6,000 to offset the cost of health insurance premiums.
- represent the veterinary profession in the legislative branch of government.
- use science-based decision making in public policy development.
- influence important public policy discussions.
- network with leaders at the top tier of federal government.
Learn more about the AVMA's Congressional Fellowship Program on our Frequently Asked Questions page. For additional questions, please email email@example.com.
Want to hear about the Fellowship first-hand? Check out the video below where Dr. Chase Crawford recounts his experience as a 2014-2015 AVMA Fellow in the office of Senator Al Franken (D-MN).