AVMA Fellowship Program
The application for the 2015-2016 Fellowship Program is now available here.
The submission deadline is Feb. 6, 2015.
The 2015-2016 AVMA Fellowship Program, in conjunction with the American Association for the Advancement of Science Fellowship Program, will run from the last week in August 2015 until August 2016.
- serve for one year in Washington D.C. as scientific advisors to members of Congress.
- play pivotal roles in shaping and influencing key legislation affecting the veterinary profession, and the health and safety of our nation.
- receive a stipend of approximately $79,000 to offset the cost of living and reimbursement for certain expenses incurred during the Fellowship.
- receive up to $6,000 to offset the cost of health insurance premiums.
- represent the veterinary profession in the legislative branch of government.
- use science-based decision making in public policy development.
- influence important public policy discussions.
- network with leaders at the top tier of federal government.
Learn more about the AVMA's Congressional Fellowship Program on our Frequently Asked Questions