Veterinary Medicine Mobility Act
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
This bill, now a law, allows veterinarians the ability to provide complete medical care to their patients beyond their clinics and across state lines. View landing page for more information
TARGET AUDIENCE & MESSAGE
- Veterinarians: Contact your legislators on why you need to carry and use controlled substances to treat your animal patients beyond your clinics.
- Congress: Pass this important legislation for the health and welfare of the nation’s animals.
- The advertising campaign caught the eye of news media throughout the country and congressional staff.
- AVMA members sent more than 27,000 letters in support of this bill to members of Congress.
- Over 130 veterinary medical and other organizations joined the AVMA in its advocacy efforts.
- President Barack Obama signed the bill into law on August 1, 2014.