AVMA Fellowship Program
The application deadline for the 2014-2015 Fellowship Program has passed. Look for information about the 2015-2016 program soon.
The 2014-2015 AVMA Fellowship Program, in conjunction with the American Association for the Advancement of Science Fellowship Program, will run from the last week in August 2014 until early August 2015.
- serve for one year in Washington D.C. as scientific advisors to members of Congress.
- play pivotal roles in shaping and influencing key legislation affecting the veterinary profession, and the health and safety of our nation.
- receive a stipend of approximately $77,000 to offset the cost of living and reimbursement for certain expenses incurred during the Fellowship.
- receive up to $6,000 to offset the cost of health insurance premiums.
- represent the veterinary profession in the legislative branch of government.
- use science-based decision making in public policy development.
- influence important public policy discussions.
- network with leaders at the top tier of federal government.